AIPR Aims and Policies
- The Australian Institute of Parapsychological Research, Inc. (AIPR, Inc., or Parapsychology Institute) is a non-profit scientific and community society founded in 1977.
- AIPR is registered with the ACNC as a ‘charitable institution’.
- The AIPR advocates use of the scientific method, and promotes research and public education into parapsychological phenomena.
- The AIPR holds that psychic experiences should be studied in the same way as other human experiences. Evidence should be evaluated accurately and compassionately.
- The field of research and investigation is restricted to Australasia (Australia and nearby countries).
- The AIPR wishes to place psychic phenomena into the broader context of experience, health and illness.
- Professionals and non-professionals can join the AIPR. The membership list is confidential.
- The AIPR does not hold any specific corporate or religious beliefs.
- Contacts are located in most states.
- Scientific advisors usually have tertiary qualifications (e.g., BA, BSc, Masters, PhD, etc.), and/or hold or have held research or lecturing positions at a university.
- Information that appears in our publications, and the opinions expressed by speakers at AIPR events, are not specifically endorsed by the AIPR.
- The AIPR has donated over 300 books to the Willoughby and Chatswood Libraries in Sydney. These books can be borrowed by anyone in person or by interlibrary loan.
AIPR Committee Members
AIPR President: Dr. Vladimir Dubaj
AIPR Vice President: Dr. Tony Jinks
AIPR Treasurer: Dr. Lance Storm
AIPR Public Officer: Mr. Robb Tilley
Committee member: Ms. Joyce Bok
Committee member: Mr. Ian Dencker
Committee member: Dr. Joan Johnstone
AIPR Membership and Payment
Membership fees are due each year in June. Fees may be tax deductible on the basis that you either use the concepts in your job (e.g., therapists, writers, academics) or the concepts aid personal growth and improve job performance. Membership fee is $10 per annum. Fee payment entitles you to receive THE AIPR NEWS newsletter in March and September.
Payment can be made through the Donation tab at the bottom of this page either by Paypal or credit card or debit card. Please type in “membership payment” where it says “Purpose” and/or feel free to “Add special instructions to the seller” if paying by Paypal.
Psychological Services are exempt from GST. All GST is paid by AIPR, Inc., and is fully refunded, therefore effectively no GST is paid.
Psychology and Parapsychology
Dr. Lance Storm: University of Adelaide
Lance Storm earned a B.A. (Honours) in psychology (1998) and a Ph.D. in parapsychology (2002) at the University of Adelaide, South Australia. He has published in Psychological Bulletin, the Journal of Parapsychology, Journal of Scientific Exploration, the Jungian journal Quadrant, and elsewhere. He is a full member of the Australian Institute of Parapsychological Research, Inc., of whose journal the Australian Journal of Parapsychology, he is chief editor. In 2003, he was awarded the Gertrude R. Schmeidler Student of the Year Award by the Parapsychology Association for work in parapsychology, and in 2007 the Parapsychology Foundation awarded him the Frances P. Bolton Fellowship. In 2012, he was awarded the Outstanding Contribution Award by the Parapsychology Association. He co-edited two books with Dr. Michael A. Thalbourne: Parapsychology in the Twenty-First Century (2005), and The Survival of Human Consciousness (2006), and he edited the book Synchronicity: Multiple Perspectives on Meaningful Coincidence (2008). He is the author of two books: The Enigma of Numbers (2008) and A Parapsychological Investigation of the Theory of Psychopraxia (2010), he co-authored, with Dr. Adam Rock, the book Shamanism and Psi (2011), and he co-edited, with Dr. Adam Rock, the book In Search Of Psi (2014). As a Research Fellow, he conducts parapsychological research in the School of Psychology, University of Adelaide.
Neurophysiology and Parapsychology
Dr. Vladimir Dubaj: President, Australian Parapsychological Research Association (APRA)
Email: email@example.com or phone: 0415 747 784
Current President of AIPR, Inc., Vladimir Dubaj earned his B.Sc. (honours) in Neurophysiology at Monash University, Victoria and a PhD in Biomedical Instrumentation/Optics at Swinburne University. He has been involved with research in a range of areas, including the effects of mobile phone radiation on memory formation to modifying brain processes using magnetic fields with a technique called Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). He was a postdoctoral fellow working in the field of neuroscience at Monash University. Through APRA, he has a keen parallel interest in investigating ghosts and haunting phenomena as well as poltergeist activity.
Investigative Parapsychology and Psychology
Colin Mitchell: Adelaide / Melbourne
or phone: 0409 615 924
Colin is a B.A. graduate and author of a number of peer-reviewed articles on parapsychological themes. He has a long history in field investigations, and is particularly interested in investigating poltergeist activity and hauntings. He is a specialist consultant for the Australian Journal of Parapsychology.
Robb Tilley: Sydney
Phone: (02) 9816 4279
Sydney businessman Mr. Robb Tilley has over 30 years experience investigating poltergeist activity and hauntings, and he conducts clearings.
Psychology and Transpersonal Counseling
Ms. Joyce Bok: Melbourne
Melbourne psychologist Ms. Joyce Bok has had experience in Transpersonal Counseling for many years. Joyce can lend a sympathetic ear, and refer to other specialists if needed.
Events and Membership
The AIPR holds its Annual General Meeting in late-November of each year in Sydney. Re-visit this site on a regular basis for up-to-date information, or join the mailing list.
Bequeathing to AIPR
Bequeathing? Give this some thought if you are reviewing your will. All you have to write is:
“I bequeath $. . . . . . to the Australian Institute of Parapsychological Research Inc. (AIPR, Inc., P.O. Box 295, Gladesville, NSW 2111), for general purposes.”
Or, you might have a specific purpose in mind.
All inquiries in confidence to our public officer, Robb Tilley on (02) 9816 4279.
Donations to AIPR
Thinking of making a donation? Your support will help keep our website online. Or you might like to see your donation go towards much-needed parapsychological research, in which case, if you donate via PayPal, just “Add special instructions to recipient”. If you pay by card, just click on “Write a note (optional)” and write your message. If your donation is used to fund research, an acknowledgement will be made to you in any publication that results from that research. All enquiries in confidence to our public officer, Robb Tilley on (02) 9816 4279.
Or post a cheque or money order with your name, address and funding purpose, to:
Australian Institute of Parapsychological Research Inc.
P O Box 295
Gladesville NSW 2111